The event of the Coronavirus Pandemic is unprecedented. Our stance on this unforeseeable occurrence will be to continually monitor the situation and to also keep abreast of current guidance issued by the UK Government, the National Government of Wales and relevant National Governing Bodies.
Getafix will take all reasonable measures to work within the current guidelines at all times. Throughout your course Getafix will do everything reasonably practicable to manage the risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission. This may include things like: social distancing measures, increased hygiene, additional procedures and safeguards. We also expect you to keep thinking, communicating anything of relevance to us, and acting to prevent any possible transmission.
- The participant will be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever and without limitation arising from the participant’s actions which lead to any person contracting Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- By agreeing to undertake the activity you are accepting that in some occurrences and activities such as, but not limited to: rescues, incident management and/or prevention and providing suitable training, may mean that social distancing guidelines cannot always be maintained. In such circumstances, we will take all reasonable steps to minimise the risks of Coronavirus transmission, in balance with all risks present. If you have any concerns, please contact us.
Participant(s) should read the statements below carefully, they are designed to allow you to assess the suitability of participation. If you meet any of the following criteria, then we ask you to to communicate this to us immediately, and to either stay at home or make a plan for your self-isolation immediately:
- at any time up to your activity taking place or during the activity itself, a participant, anyone in the participant’s household or anyone the participant is a carer for is classed as 'high risk', 'clinically vulnerable', or required to 'shield' as defined by current UK Government Guidance;
- in the 15 days prior to the course or during the course, a participant meets the requirement to 'self-isolate', has or is suspected of having symptoms associated with Coronavirus (COVID-19) as defined by UK Government;
- due to Coronavirus travel restrictions being put in place by UK and/or Welsh Government, the participant is prevented from attending the activity or Getafix is prevented from running the activity;
- in the opinion of any Getafix staff, a participant causes concern, distress or risk to themselves or any other person by behaving in such a way as to increase the risk of Coronavirus transmission.
Any participant who is refused participation for the reasons detailed in above, shall be treated as if the activity has been cancelled by the participant and as such shall not be entitled to any refund.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
•All Getafix courses are staffed by appropriately qualified staff. Staff to student ratios are in accordance with Governing body guidelines and best practice.
•All Getafix staff have completed the Getafix induction process. Getafix has a strong safety culture ethos.
•Whilst every reasonable attempt will be made to deliver courses, Getafix reserves the right to cancel or modify the courses due to safety considerations and factors beyond our control.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
●All Paddlesports and rescue training are potentially dangerous activities. All participants must be aware of this and accept the risks associated with these activities. Whilst Getafix has an excellent safety record, responsibility for injury or illness arising from Paddlesports and rescue training or associated activities including first aid training can only be accepted if caused by negligence on the part of Getafix its servants or agents.
●Getafix is under no liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to property, however caused, whilst on a course organised by Getafix.
●Participants are strongly advised to arrange their own insurance cover. Getafix is unable to offer any form of insurance cover (other than public liability).
HEALTH AND SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS
●Due to the strenuous nature of the courses Getafix offers, all participants should be physically fit. Anyone with a medical condition must seek medical advice before considering participating.
●For water-based activities, participants must be able to swim 25m and be confident swimming in open water.
●Any students under the age of 18 need their parent/guardian to book and attend the same course and must be agreed before booking.
●Spectacles can be a hazard to your self whilst participating in Paddlesports and rescue training. You are strongly recommended not to wear spectacles of any kind. If you choose to wear spectacles you must accept that injury may occur and accept responsibility for any such injury. Participants may wear contact lenses.
●Course participants will not be permitted to consume alcohol or drugs prior to or during courses. Getafix reserve the right to refuse participation to anyone considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
●Getafix staff may require any participant to leave the course if that person acts in any such manner as to endanger him/herself or any other person. The Course Director may require any participant to leave the course if that person is not of a suitable standard to be on their course.
ADDITIONAL PHYSICAL or LEARNING NEEDS
●Participants must inform Getafix at the time of booking or before their course commences of any additional physical or learning needs they have. Getafix will make every reasonable attempt to facilitate participation, however Getafix reserves the right to make the decision to cancel a booking where it is felt that safety is compromised.
●Getafix must be informed of any medical conditions (asthma, epilepsy, deafness etc).
EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING
●Participants on Paddlesports courses must provide their own equipment and clothing, unless otherwise specified/arranged. All equipment must be suitable and will be checked by the Course Director.
●Kayaks/canoes/boards/paddles/PPE/drysuits may be available to borrow from Getafix, but this must be arranged by email prior to your course with plenty of notice.
●Damage or loss to Getafix equipment caused by negligence, malicious acts or carelessness must be paid for at the time at current replacement value.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS
●A booking is a contract between Getafix and the participant.
●A booking is accepted upon booking through the Getafix website.
●If booking within 21 days of the course date, Full payment is required and must be paid on receiving an invoice from Getafix.
●It is required that participants complete and sign a Getafix booking form before the course commences.
●If a deposit has been paid the balance of Payment must be received 14 days prior to the course at which point pre-course information will be sent.
CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS
●Should you cancel your booking for any reason more than 21 days before your course commences, there will be no refunds and the full amount will be payable.
●Getafix reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient numbers.
As part of the continual review of safety and associated considerations, the conditions of booking are subject to change, clarification and modification etc at any time.