The event of the Coronavirus Pandemic is unprecedented. Our stance on this unforeseeable occurrence will be to continually monitor the situation and to also keep abreast of current guidance issued by the UK Government, the National Government of Wales and relevant National Governing Bodies.
Getafix will take all reasonable measures to work within the current guidelines at all times. Throughout your course Getafix will do everything reasonably practicable to manage the risk of Coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission. This may include things like: social distancing measures, increased hygiene, additional procedures and safeguards. We also expect you to keep thinking, communicating anything of relevance to us, and acting to prevent any possible transmission.
- The participant will be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever and without limitation arising from the participant’s actions which lead to any person contracting Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- By agreeing to undertake the activity you are accepting that in some occurrences and activities such as, but not limited to: rescues, incident management and/or prevention and providing suitable training, may mean that social distancing guidelines cannot always be maintained. In such circumstances, we will take all reasonable steps to minimise the risks of Coronavirus transmission, in balance with all risks present. If you have any concerns, please contact us.
Participant(s) should read the statements below carefully, they are designed to allow you to assess the suitability of participation. If you meet any of the following criteria, then we ask you to to communicate this to us immediately, and to either stay at home or make a plan for your self-isolation immediately:
- at any time up to your activity taking place or during the activity itself, a participant, anyone in the participant’s household or anyone the participant is a carer for is classed as 'high risk', 'clinically vulnerable', or required to 'shield' as defined by current UK Government Guidance;
- in the 15 days prior to the course or during the course, a participant meets the requirement to 'self-isolate', has or is suspected of having symptoms associated with Coronavirus (COVID-19) as defined by UK Government;
- due to Coronavirus travel restrictions being put in place by UK and/or Welsh Government, the participant is prevented from attending the activity or Getafix is prevented from running the activity;
- in the opinion of any Getafix staff, a participant causes concern, distress or risk to themselves or any other person by behaving in such a way as to increase the risk of Coronavirus transmission.
Any participant who is refused participation for the reasons detailed in above, shall be treated as if the activity has been cancelled by the participant and as such shall not be entitled to any refund.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- All Getafix courses are staffed by appropriately qualified staff. Staff to student ratios are in accordance with BCU/Rescue 3 and REC guidelines.
- Whilst every reasonable attempt will be made to deliver courses, Getafix reserves the right to cancel or modify the courses due to safety considerations and factors beyond our control.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
- Whitewater canoeing/kayaking and rescue training are potentially dangerous activities. All participants must be aware of this and accept the risks associated with these activities.
- Whilst Getafix has an excellent safety record, responsibility for injury or illness arising from canoeing/kayaking and rescue training or associated activities can only be accepted if caused by negligence on the part of Getafix its servants or agents.
- Getafix is under no liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage to property, however caused, whilst on a course organised by Getafix.
- Participants are strongly advised to arrange their own insurance cover. Getafix is unable to offer any form of insurance cover (other than public liability).
HEALTH AND SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS
- Due to the strenuous nature of white water canoeing/kayaking and rescue training, all participants should be physically fit. Anyone with a medical condition must seek medical advice before considering participating.
- All participants must be able to swim 25m and be confident swimming in open water.
- Any students under the age of 18 need their parent/guardian to book and attend the same course, and must be agreed before booking.
- Spectacles can be a hazard to your self whilst participating in canoeing/ kayaking and rescue training. You are strongly recommended not to wear spectacles of any kind. If you choose to wear spectacles you must accept that injury may occur and accept responsibility for any such injury.
- Participants may wear contact lenses.
- Course participants will not be permitted to consume alcohol or drugs prior to or during courses. Getafix reserve the right to refuse participation to anyone considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Getafix staff may require any participant to leave the course if that person acts in any such manner as to endanger him/herself or any other person. The Course Director may require any participant to leave the course if that person is not of a suitable standard to be on that particular course.
- Disabled persons are welcome to participate in courses. Please send details of your specific needs to Getafix at the time of booking.
- Getafix must be informed of any medical conditions (asthma, epilepsy, deafness etc) or any other special needs of any/all participants.
EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING
- Participants on kayak & canoe courses must provide their own equipment and clothing, unless otherwise specified/arranged. All equipment must be suitable and will be checked by the Course Director.
- Kayaks and open canoes may be available from our coaching fleet.
- Damage or loss to Getafix equipment caused by negligence, malicious acts or carelessness must be paid for at the time at current replacement value.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENTS
- A booking is only accepted upon receipt of a completed and signed booking form with the appropriate payment.
- Anyone booking for a group must enclose individual signed booking forms for each participant and return them together to Getafix.
- Balance of Payment must be received 7 days prior to the course at which point pre-course information will be sent.
- If booking within 7 days of the course date, we will require the full payment at the time of booking.
CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS
- Should you cancel your booking for any reason more than 14 days before your course commences, the initial deposit will be forfeited.
- Should you cancel your booking for any reason less than 14 days before your course commences, there will be no refunds and the full amount will be payable.
- Getafix reserves the right to cancel courses due to insufficient numbers.
- As part of the continual review of safety and associated considerations, the conditions of booking are subject to change, clarification and modification etc at any time.